Data Gathering and Use
This website collects information from you in a number of ways. For example, when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign up to volunteer
- Sign up to stay updated
- Fill a contact form
- Apply to a job role
Your personal information is not collected or recorded unless you choose to give it to us.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you provide us in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive
- To email you with news and updates about SEWA, but only if you have previously agreed to this
- To find out more about those who visit our website, make a donation or fill a contact form.
Privacy of E-mail Lists
Those who join our mailing lists via our website or through other marketing campaigns are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease our email database to anyone.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information which is sent when you use our website. These cookies will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognize you as a user when you visit our website the next time.
- You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you see fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behavior as per your preference.
Security & Data Protection
- SEWA uses well-recognized and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support.
- Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the information collected from you.
External Web Services
- We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites or external domains from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.